I wanted to do a quick summary of what I did this semester on the DPS911 course and what are my plans for the future.
First, I want to talk about Firefox.
Last semester I had the opportunity to get started with Firefox developemnt.
The first bug I worked on was the PointerLock. We started hacking PointerLock last November, and I’m really happy to say that after 6 months of hard work it finally landed and it’s expected to ship on firefox 14. Thanks for everybody involved on the bug, it was an awesome experience
You can find more info about the whole process of the PointerLock implementation here.
Now that it’s over, I realize how unique was this opportunity, and that was one of the reasons I kept pursuing it until the end. I learned so much and met so many smart people during the process that I’m glad to have chosen this path, and if I could I would do everything again.
Besides working on PointerLock, this semester for the DPS911 course I found some other bugs to hack.
This is a list of all the bugs I was involved during the semester:
- Bug 581863 – gtk2/nsWindow::GetScreenBounds returns client window size instead of outer (frame) size
- Bug 581866 – outerWidth / outerHeight features in window.openDialog do not include window manager decorations
- Bug 633602 – Implement Pointer Lock (Mouse Lock) API
- Bug 712225 – When element is in fullscreen mode, window.innerHeight is bigger than window.outerHeight
- Bug 715141 – Using keyboard to switch zoom level when viewing images directly
- Bug 718133 – Remove keyboard shortcuts for zooming to 1:1 scale when viewing standalone images
- Bug 713383 – Directly viewed images should be printed with a transparent background on the body
- Bug 713608 – HTML5 Video controls are missing in Fullscreen
- Bug 714071 – The Show Statistics setting is not preserved when toggling the full screen mode
- Bug 728893 – Allow mochitest iframe to go fullscreen
- Bug 724108 – Exception is thrown when showing statistics on a loading video
- Bug 735031 – Fullscreen API implementation assumes an HTML Element
- Bug 739874 – Input type “password” doesn’t receive Focus event with a mouse click
Status of the Bugs:
From the list above, the following bugs were landed:
I’m still working on bugs:
and I filed bugs:
Blog posts related to Firefox development:
Creating my first Firefox patch
Synthesizing mouse events in a mochitest
Firefox Bug 714071
Bug 713608 Update
Updating PointerLock API – Callbacks, Events and Threads
PointerLock API Updates
Bug 728893 – Allow mochitest iframe to go fullscreen
Bug 735031 – Fullscreen API implementation assumes an HTML Element
Besides working on Firefox bugs, I worked on a bug on the mongooseJS library:
I wrote about the bug fix here:
MongooseJs Validators – Contributing to an open source project
Some other projects I worked during the semester:
Simple Drawing Application with ProcessingJS, part I
- Finish the bugs I have started
- Find more bugs
- Keep hacking
I also want to keep working on bugs related to the DOM and Events in general.